A complete blood count test is a test done to evaluate your overall health and detect various disease. CBC test also measures blood cells like red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets which makeup blood.
CBC test can reveal a lot about your overall health. Through this test the doctor will be able to detect underlying diseases. Completed blood count test carries RBC, WBC and platelet test.
Let us see what the test measures of the following blood cells can reveal
- Red Blood Cell count test (RBC) – A good count of red blood cells is considered to be very essential for the overall health of person. Because, red blood cells are responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body, and they help eliminate carbon dioxide.RBC test is considered to be important because they contain haemoglobin, and the test is used to measure the level of RBC in your blood. If you have low count you experience symptoms like fatigue, dizziness, headaches, pale skin and shortness of breath. All these symptoms are sign of underlying health issues, which the doctor can detect by RBC test.
- White Blood Count test (WBC) – White blood cells are essential to fight various infections causing bacteria, viruses and germs. WBC are important part of immune system, they are made in bone marrow and circulate throughout the blood.A WBC count can detect infections and undiagnosed medical conditions. The test will alert doctors about the underlying conditions such as immune deficiency, autoimmune disease and also determine effectiveness of chemotherapy and radiation treatment in people with cancer disease. Some of the symptoms of low levels of WBC count are body aches, chills, headaches and fever. This test is normally ordered during complete blood count test.
- Platelets count test- platelet count is called a thrombocyte count or platelet blood test (PLT blood test).Platelet count can be determined from a routine blood test (complete blood count test)Platelets are small blood cells that is responsible for forming clots and interrupt bleeding. Platelets have a very significant role in picking up the damaged blood vessels and repair them, thus helping to form a clot when you get injured, and stop bleeding. If you have low platelet count you are at risk for spontaneous bleeding, when you get a cut or injury. Bleeding can also occur under the skin as bruising or internal bleeding, or outside bleeding through an injury.This test is important to determine platelets count, to screen medical conditions or to examine bone marrow disease, excessive bleeding or clotting disorder.
Importance of complete blood count test (CBC)
A complete blood count test assesses and diagnosis a wide range of health issues and other underlying or undiagnosed diseases. This test can throw light on hidden diseases .It helps doctor to evaluate a person health and reach to the core of the underlying disease and treat it.
CBC test is conducted to know the reasons for the following conditions
- To evaluate medical condition of a person, CBC test is ordered by the doctor, if the patient is showing symptoms of tiredness, breathlessness, fever, excess bleeding, fatigue and bruising.
- And if you have any symptoms that makes you take medicines daily.
A CBC test that measures red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets cells will provide doctor a complete view of your condition that could be causing you, to be always inactive or tired and feeling sick.
It is clear that complete blood count test is very important to evaluate overall health of the person, to detect undiagnosed disease, to find certain medical issues and to find reasons for person’s deteriorating health due to some serious symptoms.