It not common that hemp seeds are included in your diet, probably because these seeds belong to hemp plant or cannibies sativa ,the same plant from where marijuana comes from. It is important to know that hemp seeds do not cause any psychotropic reactions and contain only minute trace of – tetra hydro cannabinoids (THC), the active ingredient which is also present in marijuana. It is because of its relationship with marijuana hemp seeds have been kept out of list of healthy seeds and placed in the group of marijuana. Hemp seeds have amazingly unique nutritional value that can be very beneficial for your health.
Let’s explore some of the surprising health benefits of hemp seeds
- Aids weight loss – hemp seeds are extremely nutritious, high in protein and essential amino acids, contains healthy fats and vital fatty acids, rich in vitamin E, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, zinc, calcium and iron, all these qualities in hemp seeds makes it a healthy food, adding these seeds in your daily diet can make you feel full for extended periods and reduces your hunger pangs and sugar cravings. Hemp seeds are also source of fiber content that makes it a healthy choice for weight loss.
- Inhibits Cancer growth – hemp seeds are rich source of many important nutrients that can help build strong immune system. It is found that hemp seeds have the ability to reverse some cancers like brain cancer ,advanced stages of breast cancer and inhibit metastastasis.
- Improves digestion – whole hemp’s seeds are excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber, which is very important to keep your digestive system healthy. The fiber in hemp seeds feed your gut’s good bacteria that make it very useful for preventing digestive problems like constipation.
- Good for skin and hair – hemp oil made from hemp seeds is beneficial to deal with skin problems like it can help cure dry, flaky skin. Hemp oil is mostly used on cosmetics for its amazing healing and smoothening properties. It is used in lip balms, lotions and soaps as it enters deep into the skin and aids in healthy cell growth. Hemp seeds can help manage skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions. Hemp oil is very good for hair as well, as it promotes hair growth when applied regularly. Hemp oil contains omega -3, omega-6 and omega -9 fatty acids and vitamin E which helps nourish your scalp, which stimulates hair follicles and promotes hair growth. Using hemp oil and hemp based shampoos can help prevent dry scalp and aid in hair growth.
- Good for heart – hemp is loaded with fiber, healthy fats and high quality plant based protein which are good to maintain healthy heart. Including hemp seeds in your everyday diet helps lower blood pressure, reduces LDL cholesterol, elevates HDL cholesterol and improves triglycerides. Hemps seeds also prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Decreases symptoms of PMS and Menopause – hemp’s seeds contains Gamma-linolenic acid(GLA) that helps reduce the symptoms associated with PMS and menopause by maintaining hormonal balance ,which when disturbed can cause fluid retention associated with PMS. GLA in hemp seeds may also reduce inflammation associated with menopause.