It is an agreed fact by most that one of the best gifts you can give to yourself is going for preventive health check-up. The benefits of preventive healthcare are enormous. It helps to identify and lessen the risk factors of diseases. It also benefits you by detecting the illness at an early stage, increase the chances for curing or treating, it also saves your money, saves you from getting rude shock of knowing that you have disease and saves your time of visiting hospitals and increase your chances for a healthy life.
Why is preventive health check-up needed?
Preventive health check-up is for prevention of onset of diseases. It is not meant for treatment of disease .Health can be affected by any disease without any signs of warning, sometimes before we realize we are struck with some dangerous disease., if that happens then it’ll be a shock of lifetime. When we go for preventive health care check-up monthly or quarterly or annually, we are saving ourselves from such shocks. So any preventive tests you take are considered to be a precaution, rather than treatment. Moreover, it is our health and only we are responsible to keep it away from dangers of illness.
If we become careless to take care of our health and don’t go for preventive healthcare and some day you might visit your doctor for some illness and the doctor orders for some tests and to your rude surprise, you came to know you have been struck with a dangerous disease, and that it could have been cured or treated, if you had come little earlier for diagnosis, or for that matter taken a preventive health check-up. Hearing this from the doctor, can drain you emotionally and later financially.
That is where regular preventive health check-up comes to our rescue. At least do it annually, so that you can keep track of your health.
Benefits of preventive check-ups
- Preventive health check-up gives you the advantage of regular check -ups ,which is necessary to prevent the disease from spreading
- Preventive health care help in establishing a person’s medical history, by doing this the doctor will be able to predict the possibility of onset of disease and that needs attention, so the doctor will do important screening that can help detect the problem in advance, and give you the required treatment
- Helps you detect underlying illnesses in their early stages, even if you are not experiencing any symptoms
- Preventive health care also helps you avoid unnecessary treatments and tests which give you physical pain.
- Preventive health-check-ups are necessary even if you lead a healthy life, with no bad habits, you never know what is going on inside your body.
- Medical care can drain you financially,in this situation preventive health care can help save you a lot of money
- It is always advisable to start preventive health check-ups at an early phase of your life, when you are not under the spell of any illness or disease.
- Preventive health care has gained a huge push in recent times as it helps prevent number of disease.it has become a key for living a healthy life.