Depression is characterized by a feeling of self doubt, feeling dejected, hopeless it’s a state of extreme sadness, loss of interest, heavy heartedness, gloominess and host of other negative emotional feelings. Depression affects a person due to various events and happenings in life. It makes the person lose hope in life and they lack motivation that makes them incapable of carrying on with their normal life.
Symptoms of depression
- not able to concentrate
- irritable, feeling angry
- feeling empty from within
- feeling extremely sad, unworthy
- sleeping disorders like sleeping too little or too much
- diarrhea, constipation, back pain
- resort to substance abuse like alcohol and smoking
- high risk of suicidal thoughts
Reasons for people struggling with depression
- It is very simple, people who feed on negative thought tend to approach everything negatively that makes their life even more miserable. People with negativity are not entertained by people who think positively and they stay away from such people this makes them feel unwanted and feel dejected.
- Another strong reason for people going through depression is when they are ignored, abused, rejected and exposed to violence, financial problems and other personal problems.
- One more reason for people struggling with depression is they remember the past failures and their inability to tackle the situation which has led to failures in their life which makes them feel depressed that can affect their mental ability and causes mood swings.
- People with depression struggle to get out of their situation because of their inability to take decisions like they fear getting of the troubled marriage, or cannot get out of an abusive relationship or cannot leave the job even though they face hardships and these people continue to stay trapped in such situations and can never come out of depression.
- When there is chemical imbalance in the brain the neurotransmitters that regulate communication across circuits connecting to different nerves of brain region which carries out functions related to emotions, moods, if does not work properly or imbalanced, this could be one of the cause of depressed mood in some people and they struggle to cope with their situation.